- How the Trial Works
- Before You Activate
- Your Plan and Billing
- Your Account Menu and Screen
- Account Administrators
- Changing Your Time Zone
- Merging Multiple Simplero IDs
- Password Security
- Submitting a Feature Request
- Submitting a Help Ticket
- Simplero Account FAQ
- Closing your Account
- Simplero Search and Filter Option
- Setting Brand Colors
- Places to Change Colors and Graphics
- Setting Labels
- Custom Colors in the WYSIWYG Editor
- The Notice Box
- Default Account Currency
- Default Account Email Contact Information
- Account Location and Language
- Account Terms
- Flex Plans
- Form Fields
- Creating Opt-In Form
- List opt-in forms
- Embedded Opt-In Forms
- Utilizing More Than One Opt-in Form
- Sign-up Forms on Your Simplero Site
- Viewing Custom Questions On Order Forms
- Track Parameters
- Tracking Pixels
- Defualt Opt-in Box on Order Forms
- Use Merge Fields to Register a Subscriber for a Webinar
- List & Contact Best Practices
- Creating a List
- List Confirmation
- Subscription: Auto-subscribe, Unsubscribe, Suspend, Resume
- Unengaged Subscribers and Contact Cleanup
- Exporting Contacts from my List
- Merging Duplicate Contacts
- Changing a Participants Email Address
- Seeing What Your Customers Sees
- Broadcast Overview
- Email Template Design
- Email Font Size
- Creating a Broadcast
- Send an Email to an Individual or Single Contact
- Resend a Broadcast
- Handle Replies to Mass Emails with Ease
- Expiring Links
- Insert Option for Broadcasts
- Magic Content URL
- Interpolation Keys
- Editing an Incorrect Link in a Broadcast
- Auto-publishing a Page in a Broadcast
- Using Emojis
- Subject Lines and Preheaders
- Newsletter Scheduler
- Email Deliveries
- About Open Rates for Broadcasts and Auto-Responses
- How the Sending Limit Works
- What Does the Secretive Options Mean
- Why Simplero Doesn't Do Fancy Graphic Emails
- Delaying Normal Broadcasts During an Email Funnel
- What Is the Spam Check on Emails?
- Editing the email footer
- Creating a Membership Site
- Membership Site Blog
- Membership Site Forum
- Membership Site Pages
- One Membership Site with Multiple Products/Classes
- Page Access
- Auto-publishing AKA Dripping pages
- Course Preview
- Membership Site Footer Navigation
- Membership Site Redirects
- Membership Site Theme
- Podcast Feature in Membership Sites
- Free and paid access to a single membership site
- Payment Processors (Setup and FAQ)
- Understanding the Manual Payment Processor
- Switching Payment Processor Mid-Stream
- Prices 101 - What You Need to Understand about Prices in Simplero
- Editing a Price
- Campaign and Discount Pricing
- Multiple Seat/User Pricing
- Secret Prices and Coupon Codes
- Global Coupons
- Subscription Prices
- Gift Pricing
- Price Restrictions
- Quoting Prices in Multiple Currencies
- Collecting Tax
- EU Vat
- Taxes on Multiple Currency Products
- Date Specific Installments
- Trial Period (Free or Discounted)
- Giving a Paid Customer a Free Month
- Free Products
- Participant Limit
- Collecting an Outstanding Balance
- Order Bumps
- Order Forms
- Order Form vs Freebie Link
- Why do my customers have to manually go in and pay the next installment/renewal of their subscription?
- Troubleshooting Payments and Refunds
- Participants 101 and Simplero IDs
- Purchases 101
- Editing a Purchase
- Charges & Payments Box in the Purchase
- Purchase Summary
- Moving a Purchase
- Adding a Charge to an Existing Purchase
- Editing a Charge Amount
- Manual Product Purchase
- Manual Credit Card Charge
- Manual Payment or Partial Payment Collection
- Editing and Resending an Invoice
- Refund Period
- Full and Partial Refunds
- Credit to Transactions
- Collecting Money Outside Simplero
- Stop Customers Subscription Payments and Keep their Access Open
- Migrating a Customer's Purchases from Another System
- How to Test the Purchase Process and Send Login Credentials
- Renewal Notifications
- Invoice Settings
- Invoices and Expenses
- Retrying Failed Charges
- All the Ways You Can Automate Things in Simplero
- Automations: Creating and Managing
- Starting an Automation
- Stopping, Pausing, Resuming an Automation
- Reentering or Starting Mid Automation
- Time Zone Specific Automations
- Advancing a Flow in an Automation
- Using Automations for Sales Funnels
- Duplicate Automations in Different Languages
- Email Library
- Triggers Overview
- Adding a New Trigger to an Existing List or Product
- Triggers on Link Clicks
- Triggers on Prices
- Global Triggers - Targeting and Re-Targeting Leads
- Working with Webhook Triggers
- Bulk Actions
- Global Snippets
- What is the Difference Between Automations and Auto-Responses?
- Can't access the content they purchased?
- Email Shows "Read" But not "Delivered"
- Troubleshooting Stripe payment issues
- Troubleshooting Email Addresses
- Troubleshooting Opt-in Form Issues
- Why is my E-mail not being delivered?
- Troubleshooting Forum Notifications
- Troubleshoot Price Issues
- Debug a Facebook Share
- When a PayPal Payment Doesn't Show in Simplero
- QuickPay Payment Doesn't Show in Simplero
- Troubleshooting Space Access (A deprecated feature)
- Troubleshooting Videos Not Playing
- Troubleshooting Upload issues
- Microsoft Says a File Has a Virus
- Spaces (deprecated)
- Space FAQ (deprecated)
- Space and Space Page Access (deprecated)
- Page Types (deprecated)
- One Space Multiple Products/Classes (deprecated)
- Free Spaces and Spaces with both Free and Paid content (deprecated)
- Multi-Language Spaces (deprecated)
- Postponing Access to a Space Until Later (deprecated)
- Adding a Subpage to Subpage (deprecated)
- Rearranging the Tabs/Pages/Subpages Within a Space (deprecated)
- Embedding Videos in Your Spaces (deprecated)
- Resurrect a Deleted Space (deprecated)
- Podcast Feature in Spaces (deprecated)
- FAQ Page in Your Space (Deprecated)
- Adding a Home Link to the Navigation Menu in Spaces (Deprecated)
- Deactivating Landing Pages (deprecated )
When someone joins your list you are probably want to go to nurture that relationship so that they will eventually become a product buying, money paying customer. Am I right?
We offer two ways of doing this, Autoresponders and Automations.
Autoresponders are simple emails that are sent based on a specific number of days after someone joins a list.
Automations give you a bit more flexibility, being able to schedule those emails based on a specific date, number of weeks or months for example.
If using an autoresponder you can link it with triggers, or release pages via the standard auto-publish. When using an automation you can do these same steps however, they would be separate action steps in your automation.
Not sure which one is the best fit for you check out this guide.
Auto-responses are available for lists and products.
You'll normally always have at least one auto-response, which is sent out immediately after the person subscribes or purchases.
This is the "thank you" email, congratulating people, telling them they're awesome for signing up. You always want that. (And making it a little fun and more personal helps.)
In addition to that, though, you can add as many additional auto-responses as you'd like, emails that are spaced out over time as you determine it - 1 day later, 2 days later, 7 days later, … anything you want.
This is a nice way to give people encouragement along the way, to drip-deliver content that they need time to consume, and to stretch the engagement over a longer period of time, thus increasing the impact. I'm using the auto-responder feature of Simplero for this very email.
In an auto-response you can link to media files, link to pages within spaces, or just deliver content within the email itself.
Creating an Auto-Responder
- Select Lists & Contacts from your Simplero Dashboard
- In the Lists tab, select the list you want to create an auto-response
- Select the Auto-Responses tab
- Click the blue + Add auto-response button
- Enter the Subject and When to send your auto-response and click the Add auto-response button
- Complete your auto-response information
- Subject - What customers see
- Internal Subject - What admin screen calls the email (only you can see)
- Email body - Type the email you want for this auto-responseComplete your auto-response information
- Triggers: This section is not required for an autoresponder but it does allow you to have the system perform an automated action when an autoresponder is sent. See our guide on triggers for more information about how they work.
- Click the blue Save changes button
- Then when you are ready to make your auto-response active, click the little grey button that says Draft and it will change to Activate
Should you need to re-order your auto-responses you can simply change the number of days that it will go out or you can click, grab the whole auto-response by the dots next to the subject line and drag and drop it where you want.
What happens when you change auto-responses while people are already on the list?
Auto-responses are sent out to people who are supposed to receive them on any given day.
What that means is, if someone signed up exactly 7 days ago, and you add an auto-response that will go out 7 days after signup, they'll get that now.
If you add one that goes out 8 days after signup, they'll get it tomorrow.
If you add one that goes out 6 days after signup, they'll have missed it.
For the recipients that have missed an auto-response in this way, you can go view the auto-response in your admin interface and see how many people missed it, ie. they've been subscribed longer than when they should've received this, but they still haven't.
Next to that number is a button that will send that auto-response to those recipients right now.
Creating an Automation
We have a series of guides all focused on automations here.
Automations are used to build out sales funnel, drip content for the Evergreen program, or even simply send out a series of emails like autoresponders. There are times when it is better to use an automation instead of autoresponders.
One case is if you want to exclude people from getting the autoresponders. For example, if your list's autoresponders purpose is to get people from your list to a specific product(s) and you want to exclude the people who have purchased that product then you would want to use an automation so that as people purchase that product you can stop the series of emails.
A second example would be if you want multiple sublists in your account to receive the set of autoresponders, then you may want to consider just creating them into an automation and setting each list with a trigger to start that automation.
Converting an Existing Autoresponder Series to an Automation
We know that many of you have your autoresponders currently set up for your products and lists and the thought of copying them all over to automation sounds time-consuming. Don't worry it's not and will be well worth the time to have all the flexibility automations provides. Here's how to do it.
- Select Lists & Contacts or Products from your Simplero Dashboard
- In the Lists or Products tab, select the list or product you want to convert to automation
- Select the Auto-Responses tab
- Click the Convert to automation... button located in the upper right-hand corner and click OK to confirm that you really want to convert to automation
- Viola! You will now be redirected to an automation screen and can now work your automation magic to the series
You can now also direct other lists to this same automation, so if your autoresponders are the same in several places, simply go to those other lists/products, shut off the autoresponders and add 2 triggers to start and stop this automation upon subscribing and unsubscribing.
But what happens to your list/product?
Everything is done for you....
- The autoresponders you just converted have now been turned off.
- The start and stop triggers to control people being in the automation based on their subscribing and unsubscribing have automatically been created for you.
- All the emails are now in your email library with the same internal name as they had as an autoresponder so that you can use them again and again in other automations or as broadcasts.
There really is nothing for you to do unless you want to go back and rename the emails in your email library something different maybe to remind you where they came from if they are list or program specific.