Managing your contact list can be cumbersome but not with Simplero. When a customer uses the same email for registering for your list(s) or purchasing your product(s) then those lists and products will all appear under the same contact. Making it simple for you to see all the ways your lead or customer is connected to you.
However, what if they use a different email address?
If your customers are signing up with different emails each time then they appear in your contacts as a different contact, this can make your life a little crazy when you are looking for them in your system. This guide will show you how to merge the contacts together and make your contact list easier to manage.
Here is how to do it
- Select Lists & Contacts from your Simplero Dashboard
- Select the Contacts tab
- Go to the Search field and type your customer's name
- Once you performed the search, you'll see your customer's name with different email addresses on the list.
- Click on each contact file that comes up for that customer to determine which one you want to merge everything into. Generally, it helps if you know which Simpero ID the customer wants to use. (Note: It is important even if you know which one you want to use as their final contact file you still want to click on each file so that they all show in your list of Recently viewed Contacts)
- Once you have clicked on each contact file for that customer then click on the one you want to merge everything into.
- On the right-hand side of the page, scroll down to the bottom where you see "Recently viewed contacts"
- In the Recently Viewed Contacts section, you will see the list of other email address for the same contact which you clicked on in step 5.
- You will see a blue hyperlink that says "Merge" next to each contact file.
- Click the Merge hyperlink next to each contact file and the information from it will be merged into the file you currently have open on your screen