- How the Trial Works
- Before You Activate
- Your Plan and Billing
- Your Account Menu and Screen
- Account Administrators
- Changing Your Time Zone
- Merging Multiple Simplero IDs
- Password Security
- Submitting a Feature Request
- Submitting a Help Ticket
- Simplero Account FAQ
- Closing your Account
- Simplero Search and Filter Option
- Setting Brand Colors
- Places to Change Colors and Graphics
- Setting Labels
- Custom Colors in the WYSIWYG Editor
- The Notice Box
- Default Account Currency
- Default Account Email Contact Information
- Account Location and Language
- Account Terms
- Flex Plans
- Form Fields
- Creating Opt-In Form
- List opt-in forms
- Embedded Opt-In Forms
- Utilizing More Than One Opt-in Form
- Sign-up Forms on Your Simplero Site
- Viewing Custom Questions On Order Forms
- Track Parameters
- Tracking Pixels
- Defualt Opt-in Box on Order Forms
- Use Merge Fields to Register a Subscriber for a Webinar
- List & Contact Best Practices
- Creating a List
- List Confirmation
- Subscription: Auto-subscribe, Unsubscribe, Suspend, Resume
- Unengaged Subscribers and Contact Cleanup
- Exporting Contacts from my List
- Merging Duplicate Contacts
- Changing a Participants Email Address
- Seeing What Your Customers Sees
- Broadcast Overview
- Email Template Design
- Email Font Size
- Creating a Broadcast
- Send an Email to an Individual or Single Contact
- Resend a Broadcast
- Handle Replies to Mass Emails with Ease
- Expiring Links
- Insert Option for Broadcasts
- Magic Content URL
- Interpolation Keys
- Editing an Incorrect Link in a Broadcast
- Auto-publishing a Page in a Broadcast
- Using Emojis
- Subject Lines and Preheaders
- Newsletter Scheduler
- Email Deliveries
- About Open Rates for Broadcasts and Auto-Responses
- How the Sending Limit Works
- What Does the Secretive Options Mean
- Why Simplero Doesn't Do Fancy Graphic Emails
- Delaying Normal Broadcasts During an Email Funnel
- What Is the Spam Check on Emails?
- Editing the email footer
- Creating a Membership Site
- Membership Site Blog
- Membership Site Forum
- Membership Site Pages
- One Membership Site with Multiple Products/Classes
- Page Access
- Auto-publishing AKA Dripping pages
- Course Preview
- Membership Site Footer Navigation
- Membership Site Redirects
- Membership Site Theme
- Podcast Feature in Membership Sites
- Free and paid access to a single membership site
- Payment Processors (Setup and FAQ)
- Understanding the Manual Payment Processor
- Switching Payment Processor Mid-Stream
- Prices 101 - What You Need to Understand about Prices in Simplero
- Editing a Price
- Campaign and Discount Pricing
- Multiple Seat/User Pricing
- Secret Prices and Coupon Codes
- Global Coupons
- Subscription Prices
- Gift Pricing
- Price Restrictions
- Quoting Prices in Multiple Currencies
- Collecting Tax
- EU Vat
- Taxes on Multiple Currency Products
- Date Specific Installments
- Trial Period (Free or Discounted)
- Giving a Paid Customer a Free Month
- Free Products
- Participant Limit
- Collecting an Outstanding Balance
- Order Bumps
- Order Forms
- Order Form vs Freebie Link
- Why do my customers have to manually go in and pay the next installment/renewal of their subscription?
- Troubleshooting Payments and Refunds
- Participants 101 and Simplero IDs
- Purchases 101
- Editing a Purchase
- Charges & Payments Box in the Purchase
- Purchase Summary
- Moving a Purchase
- Adding a Charge to an Existing Purchase
- Editing a Charge Amount
- Manual Product Purchase
- Manual Credit Card Charge
- Manual Payment or Partial Payment Collection
- Editing and Resending an Invoice
- Refund Period
- Full and Partial Refunds
- Credit to Transactions
- Collecting Money Outside Simplero
- Stop Customers Subscription Payments and Keep their Access Open
- Migrating a Customer's Purchases from Another System
- How to Test the Purchase Process and Send Login Credentials
- Renewal Notifications
- Invoice Settings
- Invoices and Expenses
- Retrying Failed Charges
- All the Ways You Can Automate Things in Simplero
- Automations: Creating and Managing
- Starting an Automation
- Stopping, Pausing, Resuming an Automation
- Reentering or Starting Mid Automation
- Time Zone Specific Automations
- Advancing a Flow in an Automation
- Using Automations for Sales Funnels
- Duplicate Automations in Different Languages
- Email Library
- Triggers Overview
- Adding a New Trigger to an Existing List or Product
- Triggers on Link Clicks
- Triggers on Prices
- Global Triggers - Targeting and Re-Targeting Leads
- Working with Webhook Triggers
- Bulk Actions
- Global Snippets
- What is the Difference Between Automations and Auto-Responses?
- Can't access the content they purchased?
- Email Shows "Read" But not "Delivered"
- Troubleshooting Stripe payment issues
- Troubleshooting Email Addresses
- Troubleshooting Opt-in Form Issues
- Why is my E-mail not being delivered?
- Troubleshooting Forum Notifications
- Troubleshoot Price Issues
- Debug a Facebook Share
- When a PayPal Payment Doesn't Show in Simplero
- QuickPay Payment Doesn't Show in Simplero
- Troubleshooting Space Access (A deprecated feature)
- Troubleshooting Videos Not Playing
- Troubleshooting Upload issues
- Microsoft Says a File Has a Virus
- Spaces (deprecated)
- Space FAQ (deprecated)
- Space and Space Page Access (deprecated)
- Page Types (deprecated)
- One Space Multiple Products/Classes (deprecated)
- Free Spaces and Spaces with both Free and Paid content (deprecated)
- Multi-Language Spaces (deprecated)
- Postponing Access to a Space Until Later (deprecated)
- Adding a Subpage to Subpage (deprecated)
- Rearranging the Tabs/Pages/Subpages Within a Space (deprecated)
- Embedding Videos in Your Spaces (deprecated)
- Resurrect a Deleted Space (deprecated)
- Podcast Feature in Spaces (deprecated)
- FAQ Page in Your Space (Deprecated)
- Adding a Home Link to the Navigation Menu in Spaces (Deprecated)
- Deactivating Landing Pages (deprecated )
- How to work with purchases.
- Cancel, refund, or make it free.
- Issue credit notes, incur additional charges, register payments, and return money to the customer.
All is explained right here.
- Select Lists & Contacts from your Simplero Dashboard
- Select the Contacts tab
- Search and select your customer name
- Go to the Purchases section and click on the purchased product you want to work with
- The first box is the Purchase summary
- The second box is Charges & Payments
- The third box is the Participant box where you can View how they answered questions on the Order form, Manage site access, Troubleshoot password issues.
- The fourth box is the Emails sent that have gone to the participant via the product in the purchase
- The fifth box is the client's Activities associated with the purchase
Some things about the language we use about Purchases that can be useful to know and understand.
Activating a Purchase
Activation is when the purchase is first considered to have gone through.
- In most cases, it'll be when payment has been made.
- If there are multiple installments, it's when the first payment has been made.
- If it's a subscription, it'll be the payment for the first subscription period.
- If it's a subscription where the first period is free, it'll be when we have a payment method that we can auto-charge, such as a saved credit card number.
- If there are multiple installments or it's a subscription, and the payment processor supports auto-charge, we'll get the payment information so we can charge in the future.
Before activation, the purchase will be in an Abandoned state. This just means the customer never finished activating their purchase. It happens a lot. I bet you've put stuff in a cart on some site and never bought. We all do it. It's nothing to get alarmed about.
There's a special case when a purchase is being paid for outside of Simplero, such as with a bank transfer or cash. These purchases will be in Pending state until you register the payment. Once the payment is registered, it'll be activated.
Paid and Failed
An activated purchase will go to the Paid state. This is the state where they have access to content and emails, and everything is hunky-dory (that means a-okay... it's good, it's positive).
Later on, if they fail to pay an installment or renew their subscription after several attempts, they'll go to Failed. When failed, we've given up. We've cut off their access. We won't try to collect it anymore.
Subscriptions work this way - People pay for a given time period. After that period is up, they have to either renew for another period, or their subscription ends. It's like paying rent. If you stop paying, you gotta leave the apartment.
When the subscription period ends and it needs to be renewed or stopped, you'll see the "Period ends" date
That row that starts with "PERIOD ENDS" under "Charges & Payments" on a purchase shows you when the current subscription period is over and what happens then:
To the left is the date it ends.
Next is whether we'll renew or let it expire. If Auto-Renew is OFF, as here, it'll just expire. Like when your lease is up and you move out. If it's ON, then we'll try to renew for another period.
The price that we renew at is shown here in red: "Regular Price". If you click it, you'll be presented with alternative options for what price it'll renew.
The amount shows how much will need to be paid for that period. Note that there may be multiple installments for one period. This will be explained in a bit.
Next, we show which payment method we'll use to try and collect the payment for renewal. Again, you can click it to choose another one.
And finally, we show when the customer's subscription commitment. Commitment is quite simple but can be confusing. If set, it simply means that until this date, the custom cannot turn off auto-renewal themselves, and they cannot cancel their subscription either. You as the admin can still do both of these things, but they cannot.
It's like when you sign up a 12-month lease on your apartment. You still pay rent every month. What it means is that you cannot get out of your lease until the 12 months are up.
Subscriptions, Periods, Installments
When you define the price for a subscription, you can define multiple periods, and each period can have multiple installments.
Each period says how long they get access for, what they pay, and whether there's a limit to how many times they'll repeat that particular period.
The "what they pay" part can be nothing, it can be a single amount, or it can be a series of payments, called installments.
For example, for a 2-week free trial, create a first period that lasts 14 days and costs $0, and the repeat number to 1. You don't want them to keep renewing for another 14 days at $0. You want them to then flow into the next period where they (surprise!) pay!
You can also, if you want to be fancy, define a period that has them paying multiple installments. Say the period is 6 months, and they pay $99 when they renew, and then $50 a month later. Or $0 to renew, and $100 after 3 months. However you'd like to be fancy, you can do it.
Activities: Purchase and Participants
Beware that there are separate activity logs for the Purchase and for each Participant.
- Activities relating to billing will be under the Purchase.
- Activities related to content will be under the Participant.
The list of Emails sent is also divided between the purchase and each participant.
Simplero ID and Email settings: Purchase and Participant
The same is the case for Simplero ID and email preferences. There are separate settings for the participant and for the billing contact.
Everything on the right side relates to the Purchase, that is, the Billing contact.
Each Participant will have their own box in the middle of the screen where everything related to that participant.
The edit button in the top-right corner that says "Edit purchase" will edit settings for the purchase, that is, billing-related stuff
The "Edit" link in the Participant box will edit that participant.
When changing who the billing contact is, make sure you change both name/email AND the linked contact record. Each purchase can have a separate name/email, and still, be attributed to the same contact. The same goes for the participant.