Do you have a product with a limited number of seats? Don't turn those customers away with a sold out page, let Simplero help you track them so you can recapture the sale when it is available again.
How "Participant Limit" for a Product Works
This feature is useful if you have a limited number of seats available for a workshop or program.
Here is how you use it
1) Set-up your wait list or create the URL you want the potential clients to go to
2) Go to the product you are selling
3) Scroll down to the section titled Participant Limit
4) Insert the number of purchases available
5) Then either select the list you want the to subscribe to or paste in the URL of the landing page you want the to view (hint the landing page should have an opt-in to capture their name and email so you can retarget when the product is available for purchase again).
6) Save at the bottom of the page
Keep in mind, though, that our system is not bullet-proof.
If there is still at least one seat left and you get to the order form, you'll be able to get in.
Say for example you've set the number of participants to 10 and so far you've sold 9. When there is one left, and you have more than 1 participant buying the product at the same time, the system will allow all of those participants to purchase the product. In result, you may end up overselling the product. Sorry about that!
The alternative would be to implement a full-fledged "ticketmaster"-like system with timers and all, and for our purposes, it just doesn't warrant the cost and added complexity of implementing that, so we opted for the simple solution.
What to do if you oversell
Find out which were the most recent orders and refund those that got over the limit. Reach out to them and explain the situation. Feel free to blame it on us. We've got broad shoulders. Our feelings won't be hurt.
Freebie links will override the limit
Freebie linksignore the participant limit by design. Even if you are sold out, you can get someone access with the freebie link. A freebie link is designed for situations like an assistant that needs access to this course. Even if you are sold out and you need your assistant to get on the product they can with the freebie link.