- How the Trial Works
- Before You Activate
- Your Plan and Billing
- Your Account Menu and Screen
- Account Administrators
- Changing Your Time Zone
- Merging Multiple Simplero IDs
- Password Security
- Submitting a Feature Request
- Submitting a Help Ticket
- Simplero Account FAQ
- Closing your Account
- Simplero Search and Filter Option
- Setting Brand Colors
- Places to Change Colors and Graphics
- Setting Labels
- Custom Colors in the WYSIWYG Editor
- The Notice Box
- Default Account Currency
- Default Account Email Contact Information
- Account Location and Language
- Account Terms
- Flex Plans
- Form Fields
- Creating Opt-In Form
- List opt-in forms
- Embedded Opt-In Forms
- Utilizing More Than One Opt-in Form
- Sign-up Forms on Your Simplero Site
- Viewing Custom Questions On Order Forms
- Track Parameters
- Tracking Pixels
- Defualt Opt-in Box on Order Forms
- Use Merge Fields to Register a Subscriber for a Webinar
- List & Contact Best Practices
- Creating a List
- List Confirmation
- Subscription: Auto-subscribe, Unsubscribe, Suspend, Resume
- Unengaged Subscribers and Contact Cleanup
- Exporting Contacts from my List
- Merging Duplicate Contacts
- Changing a Participants Email Address
- Seeing What Your Customers Sees
- Broadcast Overview
- Email Template Design
- Email Font Size
- Creating a Broadcast
- Send an Email to an Individual or Single Contact
- Resend a Broadcast
- Handle Replies to Mass Emails with Ease
- Expiring Links
- Insert Option for Broadcasts
- Magic Content URL
- Interpolation Keys
- Editing an Incorrect Link in a Broadcast
- Auto-publishing a Page in a Broadcast
- Using Emojis
- Subject Lines and Preheaders
- Newsletter Scheduler
- Email Deliveries
- About Open Rates for Broadcasts and Auto-Responses
- How the Sending Limit Works
- What Does the Secretive Options Mean
- Why Simplero Doesn't Do Fancy Graphic Emails
- Delaying Normal Broadcasts During an Email Funnel
- What Is the Spam Check on Emails?
- Editing the email footer
- Creating a Membership Site
- Membership Site Blog
- Membership Site Forum
- Membership Site Pages
- One Membership Site with Multiple Products/Classes
- Page Access
- Auto-publishing AKA Dripping pages
- Course Preview
- Membership Site Footer Navigation
- Membership Site Redirects
- Membership Site Theme
- Podcast Feature in Membership Sites
- Free and paid access to a single membership site
- Payment Processors (Setup and FAQ)
- Understanding the Manual Payment Processor
- Switching Payment Processor Mid-Stream
- Prices 101 - What You Need to Understand about Prices in Simplero
- Editing a Price
- Campaign and Discount Pricing
- Multiple Seat/User Pricing
- Secret Prices and Coupon Codes
- Global Coupons
- Subscription Prices
- Gift Pricing
- Price Restrictions
- Quoting Prices in Multiple Currencies
- Collecting Tax
- EU Vat
- Taxes on Multiple Currency Products
- Date Specific Installments
- Trial Period (Free or Discounted)
- Giving a Paid Customer a Free Month
- Free Products
- Participant Limit
- Collecting an Outstanding Balance
- Order Bumps
- Order Forms
- Order Form vs Freebie Link
- Why do my customers have to manually go in and pay the next installment/renewal of their subscription?
- Troubleshooting Payments and Refunds
- Participants 101 and Simplero IDs
- Purchases 101
- Editing a Purchase
- Charges & Payments Box in the Purchase
- Purchase Summary
- Moving a Purchase
- Adding a Charge to an Existing Purchase
- Editing a Charge Amount
- Manual Product Purchase
- Manual Credit Card Charge
- Manual Payment or Partial Payment Collection
- Editing and Resending an Invoice
- Refund Period
- Full and Partial Refunds
- Credit to Transactions
- Collecting Money Outside Simplero
- Stop Customers Subscription Payments and Keep their Access Open
- Migrating a Customer's Purchases from Another System
- How to Test the Purchase Process and Send Login Credentials
- Renewal Notifications
- Invoice Settings
- Invoices and Expenses
- Retrying Failed Charges
- All the Ways You Can Automate Things in Simplero
- Automations: Creating and Managing
- Starting an Automation
- Stopping, Pausing, Resuming an Automation
- Reentering or Starting Mid Automation
- Time Zone Specific Automations
- Advancing a Flow in an Automation
- Using Automations for Sales Funnels
- Duplicate Automations in Different Languages
- Email Library
- Triggers Overview
- Adding a New Trigger to an Existing List or Product
- Triggers on Link Clicks
- Triggers on Prices
- Global Triggers - Targeting and Re-Targeting Leads
- Working with Webhook Triggers
- Bulk Actions
- Global Snippets
- What is the Difference Between Automations and Auto-Responses?
- Can't access the content they purchased?
- Email Shows "Read" But not "Delivered"
- Troubleshooting Stripe payment issues
- Troubleshooting Email Addresses
- Troubleshooting Opt-in Form Issues
- Why is my E-mail not being delivered?
- Troubleshooting Forum Notifications
- Troubleshoot Price Issues
- Debug a Facebook Share
- When a PayPal Payment Doesn't Show in Simplero
- QuickPay Payment Doesn't Show in Simplero
- Troubleshooting Space Access (A deprecated feature)
- Troubleshooting Videos Not Playing
- Troubleshooting Upload issues
- Microsoft Says a File Has a Virus
- Spaces (deprecated)
- Space FAQ (deprecated)
- Space and Space Page Access (deprecated)
- Page Types (deprecated)
- One Space Multiple Products/Classes (deprecated)
- Free Spaces and Spaces with both Free and Paid content (deprecated)
- Multi-Language Spaces (deprecated)
- Postponing Access to a Space Until Later (deprecated)
- Adding a Subpage to Subpage (deprecated)
- Rearranging the Tabs/Pages/Subpages Within a Space (deprecated)
- Embedding Videos in Your Spaces (deprecated)
- Resurrect a Deleted Space (deprecated)
- Podcast Feature in Spaces (deprecated)
- FAQ Page in Your Space (Deprecated)
- Adding a Home Link to the Navigation Menu in Spaces (Deprecated)
- Deactivating Landing Pages (deprecated )
All the Ways You Can Automate Things in Simplero
Here are All the Ways You Can Automate Things in Simplero
We get a lot of questions of nature "I want to do this (long explanation follows), can you think of a way that I can accomplish that with Simplero?".
However much we'd like to, we simply don't have the resources to help out with this. It's a huge project just to understand what's the desired, and then to creatively think up ways that might be accomplished, it's just too much. Sorry.
What we can do instead is give you an overview of all of the ways that you can automate things in Simplero, in one location, and then it's yours and your team's jobs to figure out how you might combine them to do something sort of like what you're looking to do. We give you the math, you solve the equations. Deal?
Triggers let you take certain actions when something happens. To see what the possible actions are...
- Select List & Contacts from your Simplero Dashboard
- Select one of your Lists
- Select the Content tab
- Scroll down to the Triggers section, click the + Add trigger button, and see what the options are.
We frequently add new ones. Examples of actions you can take are: Add to a list, add a tag, start an automation, send an email or a text message, etc.
Triggers currently exist on:
- Lists: Subscribe/Unsubscribe
- Products: Activate/Deactivate both for billing contact AND for the participant
- Auto-Response: sent. This was a "poor man's workaround" for when we didn't have automations
- Link: Clicked (for links in broadcasts, auto-responses, and library emails)
- Affiliate program: Affiliate registered, approved, rejected
If it's not listed here, we don't have a trigger on it.
Automations are simple straight-forward sequences of actions. The actions are essentially the same as for triggers. Each step in an automation is either an action or a Wait period. You can wait for pretty much any amount of time, from a minute, up to years, and you can further restrict it to be a specific day of the week, weekday, or weekend, or a specific time of day, in either your account time zone or the customer's time zone.
We don't do branches or conditionals or anything like that yet. They're simply sequential.
If you make changes on the fly to an automation that's already running, note that the change will only affect the people who have not yet reached the step where you made the change. This means if you are editing a wait time step people who are currently waiting will not be affected by the edit. Or if you add a step people who are already passed the addition will not have that step actioned to them.
Segments let you create groups of contacts. You can collect people based on lists, products, affiliate programs, emails received, opened, clicked, or not opened, and things like that. You can also exclude people using the same criteria. To see exactly what your options are, play around with the drop-downs.
Here again, we can't filter based on attributes like name, email, region, date subscribed, last click or open or anything like that. Sorry. We'd like to, but we don't have that feature yet.
What can you do with segments? You can do any action that you can do with triggers or automations. It's a one-time thing, like a broadcast. So you can say "start this automation now for everyone who's currently a member of this segment". You can't do triggers that say "Whenever someone new is a match to this segment, do this". Sorry.
The other thing you can do with them is sending broadcasts. They become a recipient just like lists or products or tags.
Tags are pretty dumb. You can add them to contacts, and you can remove them. You can do this using actions on triggers, automations, or segments, or you can do it manually.
What can you do with tags? You can see them on the contact. You can create a segment based on them. You can send broadcasts to them. That's about it, I think.
These are emails that are sent to subscribers on a list, or participants (not billing contact) on a purchase. Each email can be sent x days after the original opt-in or purchase. Not a half day. Not 30 minutes. Just in increments of a whole day.
When making changes to your auto-responder sequence while people are already receiving them, make sure you know what you're doing, because the results might surprise you.
We also integrate with Zapier, which lets you automate things in Simplero in response to outside events, as well as cause things to happen in other systems in response to events in Simplero. To see what your options are here, check it out on Zapier.
Simplero has a limited API. We definitely want to add more capabilities to our API down the line, but only when we gauge sufficient interest to make it worth not just the effort to develop it, but also the on-going maintenance cost. Once you commit to an API, it makes it much more costly to keep iterating the application itself.
One of the actions that you can take in triggers, automations, and segments, is to post to a Webhook. This is a super nerdy option, but it can be super helpful if you have a nerd handy and need to do something in some other system in response to what's happening in Simplero.
Again, we have the triggers and automations and the payloads are what they are, but if they work for what you're trying to do, that's awesome!
One trick is that you can change the destination URL of the links you insert into your emails on the fly, so the place that people will ultimately get to after clicking the link is changing. You can use this to quickly correct a link in an email you've already sent, but you can also use it to let links automatically expire after a certain period.
These are the tools that we have. Now go create something amazing using these tools!
If you need help with this, try joining our Facebook group where you might find both people who can brainstorm with you, and you might find people you can hire to help you figure this out and set it up so it works.
Most of all, have fun and play with it!
And you don't need to figure everything out from the get-go, and you don't need to get everything exactly the way you envision it.
Baby steps and flexibility is the name of the game.
GDPR notice for those doing business in the EU: Please keep in mind when using triggers based on actions of your customers that you are in compliance with GDPR, actions such as these may violate rules in regards to consent and profiling. This message does not constitute legal advice should you have a question about compliance please consult a lawyer.