Migrating a Customer's Purchases from Another System
How do I migrate customer purchases from another system
Say you have a bunch of customers who have already paid through your old system, and now you want them moved over to Simplero so they have access to content, Space, emails, or anything else associated with your product.
There are several ways to do this. Before you decide the best option you will want to ask yourself a few questions.
1) Do they still owe you money for their purchase?
2) Do you want to collect information to them you are not able to export from the old system or that you didn't ask when they first registered?
If they still owe you money...
Create a secret price for the $ amount they still owe you for your customers.
1) Go to Product > Prices,
2) add a new price.
3) Select Type:
Purchase- If it's a set amount they owe you or if you need to set installments to match their current payment plan.
Subscription- If they pay for access through a current subscription.
4) add Amount:
5) Access: Secret link. If you want to add extra security you can set a date it expires by clicking "Campaign price". You can also restrict the number of seats available.
Send the link to your customers. Copy the link from the price, and send that to your customer (s).
They'll have to go through the regular checkout form, getting a chance to fill out any additional fields you've added, and will put in their payment information.
Once they have completed their purchase you will need to go into your old system and cancel any payment set up over there. Best practice to do this would be to add a trigger to the product to send you a notification email each time someone purchases so that you will be reminded to cancel the original person before you double charge them.
If you are setting this up as a subscription or they still have time before their next installment is due you can set up their secret price with a "free trial" that would end at the time that their next payment comes due.
If they don't owe you money but you want to collect additional information from them...
Create a secret price at $0 for your customers. Go to Product > Prices, add a new price. Type: Purchase. Amount: 0. Access: Secret link. If you want to add extra security you can set a date it expires by clicking "Campaign price". You can also restrict the number of seats available.
Send the link to your customers. Copy the link from the price, and send that to your customers.
They'll have to go through the regular checkout form, getting a chance to fill out any additional fields you've added, and they won't have to pay again.
If you answered no to both questions...
If the participants are not yet in your Simplero
1) Export your participants from your old system into a CSV file
2) Create a list in Simplero Title it "Product Name - Old system Name"
3) Add a trigger to the list that says when Participants are activated to purchase a product for free and then select the Product name
4) Import the CSV to the list
If the participants are already in your Simplero
1) Create a segment that includes the participants
2) Perform an action to the Segment to purchase a product without charging and select the product name.
If you have a lot of customers, or you want to automate things, and you have someone who can write code, you can also use our Webhook feature.