Occasionally you may run across a need to edit someone's purchase, such as the billing contact email, address, or maybe the currency or taxes or a discount the purchase. Or maybe the subscription settings need to updated.
Well you can easily do this in the purchase screen....
1) Locate the purchase either within the product or via the Purchases tab in your Left sidebar under Products.
2) Click on the billing contact name and you will be taken into the Purchase screen.
3) The first box at the top of the screen is called "Purchase Summary" In the upper right hand corner of the box you will see a red edit button to click on.
4) You will be redirected into the screen. From here scroll down until you locate the area you want to update.
5) Save your changes
Updating a discount
1) If the price was a "Purchase" and not a subscription you will need to calculate the full discount of their purchase so if it's $30 over 12 installments then the amount you will put in is $360.
2) If you are updating a "subscription" then you will put in the discount amount that comes off the installment and you can check the box to apply to future installments.
3) Once you have saved your changes you will need to go in and manually update any invoices that have already been generated on a completed purchase. This will not occur automatically by updating the purchase.
Other things to Note
1) If you are updating currency you will need to make sure all currency options are set up in your account settings.
2) If you are updating the date of the current access period, this will affect when the contact is billed next.
3) If you are updating how long has the customer committed to remain subscribed until this will prevent your customer from canceling their subscription prior to the date you enter.