GK
George Kao

Notifications here in Simplero Community

I was surprised that I randomly found a comment on a thread I started, because I never received an email notification about it.

In the current setup of notifications, is there a way to set it so that I get notified by email if someone replies to one of my threads?

Or more importantly-- if someone mentions me?

Thank you 😊

Comments
LA
Lis Alvarez STAFF

Hi George!

You should normally be automatically susbscribed to notifications from your own posts unless you indicate otherwise.

In your case I believe you have turned off notifications from new posts in this community which defaults your own to Off as well. 

I can see why you would prefer to default your own posts to following while not for other members' posts.

I'll discuss with Calvin and come up with a solution.

On a side note, mentions should not be supported if the Member directory is turned off (which it's the case for the Help site). I can see tagging is available currently on the Community so I've also requested Engineering to look at that ASAP.

In the meantime, when you create a new post, you can turn on notifications for that particular post on the three dots:

GK
George Kao

Very helpful, thank you Lis!  I had to set a manual reminder to come check this thread 😆 but have now turned on notifications for this one.  Definitely need that to be automated (notifications ON for one's own posts & comments, but not for ALL posts/comments.)

OM
Olga Maso Garriga STAFF

@George Kao Do you have your reactions notifications on?

GK
George Kao

Yes I already had reactions on Mute 🙏🏼