Feature Request - The ability to upload and put a thumbnail on videos like you can YouTube & Thinkific

Currently in Simplero - I have the ability to 'choose a frame from anywhere in the video (which in itself is actually quite tricky to do because the counter along the bottom is very temperamental and gets easily caught up with the sound slider)

Anyway, what I would like to be able to do is ignore that and upload a jpeg of the title slide (or whatever else I might want) to act as a proper and good looking cover for the video. 

I want to do this because it allows me to brand better, it looks much, much nicer and makes for easier to recognise videos and classes when they're clicked on both for the students and for me recognising the videos in the media library. 

This is what it looks like in Thinkific - inside:- 

and what the student sees - 

This feature would also be cool because where applicable it will match any corresponding, branded videos I have in YouTube as they cater for the same thumbnail option - 

showing option of customised thumbnail -   

and uploaded 
uploaded easy peasy!  It's a feature just so made for Simplero don't you think?

Thank you for considering it - Ellen xx

9 comments

Susanne Clark

YES I would like this too.  Videos need titles or video covers.  This would make them look much more professional.

Read more
Read less
Ellen Watts

Thanks Susanne - really hoping this one gets picked up soon :-) 

Read more
Read less
Jesper Conrad

Would love this. I prefer to make Thumbnails for promotional videos with some text on, that helps to increase the play rate :)

Read more
Read less
Ryan Henderson

I would use this feature as well!

Read more
Read less
Victoria Wright

I'm also looking for this feature - has is been implemented? 

Read more
Read less
Thora Bjørn

Yes!! I could really use this feature too! 

Read more
Read less
Human Awareness

Great idea! I want this too!!

Read more
Read less
anka zhuravleva

Yes please!

Read more
Read less
Giles P Croft

Yes please, me too!