Are you serving an international customer base and want to offer your membership site content in more than one language? This guide will give you two options for doing such a thing. First, we are going to create the site content in different languages. Then we will connect the contacts to the correct site.
Creating the Site
When creating the site you have two options.
Create an identical site for each language. So if you are offering your product in English and in Danish you will have 2 sites.
- Create a membership site in your primary language.
- Create a second membership site in the second language.
One site with both languages.
- Create a membership site. For each page of content, you will actually create multiple pages - 1 in each language. So again if you are selling in English and Danish then you will have 2 pages for each page of content. One of the content will be in English and the other in Danish.
- Set all the pages to be auto-published
- Create an automation to release the pages based on language. So again if you have content in English and Danish you will have 2 automations. One that will release the English pages either all at once or spaced out depending on how you release your content and one releasing the Danish pages in the same manner.
- Create and Connect your Product when selling in Different Currencies
Connecting to the Content
You have two options here based on how you created the content.
- If you went with option 1 and created two different sites then you will connect each product to the appropriate site, matching currency with language.
- If you went with option 2 and housed it all in one site. Then you will add a trigger in each product to start the automation that matches currency with language.
You will Create and Connect your Product when selling in a Single Currency
Creating the product
- Create an automation for each language option.
- The automation will contain 1 action step which is to add a tag to the contact. For simplicity, the tag should be the language of choice.
- For example, if English is the preferred language the automation will say to add a tag "English" to the contact
- Create your product
- Set up a Welcome email autoresponder to ask which language they primarily speak.
- Hyperlink the language options in the email to the Autostart for the automations in step 1.
Connecting the content
You have two options here based on how you created your content, to begin with.
- If you went with option 1 and your content is housed in 2 different sites then you will add a trigger to the tag that says to give access to the site that matches their chosen language.
- If you went with option 2 and your content is housed in the same site then you will add a trigger to each tag that starts that in the automation that matches their chosen language.