With a Subscription, they buy access for defined period of time. This is like paying rent. You don't own the apartment, you just get to have it for a while, typically a month at a time, so long as you keep paying.
1. Locate the product you want to offer the price on
2. Go to the prices tab within the product
3. Add a list price
4. Give your price a name
5. Select subscription from price type
6. Insert amount
7. Insert the amount of time your participant will have access for after paying this amount in the field titled "How long does this give access for"
8. Scroll down to subscription settings and choose the renewal option.
Forced vs Optional is whether this is something your customers can control, or just you.
With Auto-renew ON, forced, your customers cannot turn auto-renewal off. So if they want to cancel, their cancellation is going to be immediate, not to the end of the period they've paid for.
With Auto-renew ON, optional, your customers can choose to turn auto-renew off, in which case their subscription will remain active till the end of the period, and then Expire automatically. No more charges, no more access.
With Auto-renew OFF, optional, the subscription will by default NOT renew, but your customers can override this and have it renew anyway.
With Auto-renew OFF, forced, the subscription will always expire at the end of the first period, unless you as an admin overrides it and turns auto-renewal on for that particular purchase.
Sometimes when offering a new paid membership or subscription, you want to let people sign up now, but not charge them until some fixed date in the future, because all the content isn't going to be available until then. Or just as a promo.
Simplero's subscription prices don't have that feature, but here's what you can do instead.
You can create the subscription with two periods.
As each new customers signs up, you can manually go in and change the date for "Period ends at" on their purchase to the date you want their next charge to be paid at.
Yes, this is a little bit of manual work, but it's simple and easy to do (as well as having an assistant do).
If you have many new subscribers each day, you can also simply change the price every day, so the number of days for the first period is the number of days until you want the subscription payments to start.
When offering different subscription levels such as 6 month subscription or a 1 year subscription. Your customers access will continue to renew at the same access point and price. However from time to time a customer may want to switch to a different subscription maybe to save money or if they aren't sure about continuing the length of their commitment.
To change to a different subscription...
1) Open up the purchase account within the product. (Product-- Purchases -- Person name)
2) Scroll down to the Charges and Payments box
3) In this box you will see a line of red text that is labeled "Period Ends" and "auto renew price"
4) Select the Auto renew price and choose the new renewal rate from your list of price options for that product.